9 evening sessions
Interest free payment plans are available
Do you currently work in vocational education and want to achieve teaching qualifications? Are you an employer seeking high quality continuing professional development for your staff?
AET Level 3 Award in Education & Training
Course Overview: This Level 3 Award is an initial teacher training course tailored to suit your sector requirements. it will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions.
The AET is ideal for people wishing to enter teaching or for those working in other environments such as Large Organisations who are responsible for delivering CPD (Continuing Professional Development), Work Based Learning, Private Academies or the Voluntary Sector.
Course Aims: On completion of the AET you will know:
- Your role, responsibilities and boundaries in relation to teaching
- Appropriate teaching & learning approaches in your specialist area
- Session planning skills
- How to deliver inclusive sessions that engage and motivate learners
- The use of different assessment methods and understand the need for record keeping
- Relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Adopt an integrative approach to the theory and practice of teaching and training
- Reflect on your level of experience, practice and skills, and identify your potential for development.
- Understand the principles of learning, teaching, assessment and evaluation.
- Develop communication and interpersonal skills.
- Develop an awareness of own professional role, the value systems which underpin it and the legal requirements for carrying out this role.
Methods of Assessment: To achieve the AET, you must successfully complete both the theory and practical assessments. Including delivery of a 15-minute micro-teach session to your peers, observation of a micro teach session by your peers and submission of written assignments and reflective journals. Our education team will guide you throughout the course.
Entry Requirements: Whilst there are no formal entry requirements for the AET, the nature of both the theory and practical assessments which you need to achieve for the AET, are such that you will need good written and spoken English, i.e. the ability to read and interpret written tasks, and to write in an academic style. You must be aged 19 or over to enrol on this programme.
Candidates will also need to organise their work and supporting materials clearly and coherently.
Course Delivery Method: The AET qualification course content and practical elements can be covered either through an intensive one week programme or over one evening per week for 9 weeks. You should expect to dedicate around 30 hours of private study in addition to classroom lectures, but will have unlimited access to our staff and resources during the course.
AcademyTeam use a blended approach to course delivery. As well as class based taught sessions, students will be engaged group activities, complete a micro teach session and will be encouraged to use a range of technology as well as traditional methods to meet the course criteria.
Progression Route: AET is a stand-alone qualification, however, It can be beneficial to combine this course with with the Certificate in Assessing.
This qualification will enable you to progress to the Level 4 Certificate or Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training.
To discuss anything about the course, send us a message and we’ll get right back to you
At the start I felt overwhelmed, but Suzanne made me comfortable and the teaching was amazing. The course tested me all the way, I would highly recommend AcademyTeam.